When preparing one’s mind for a homebirth, whether midwife-attended or an unassisted birth, it is important to calm one’s mind, first and foremost. Just as professional athletes spend time visualizing scoring the winning touchdown or crossing the finish line in record time, take the time to imagine a serene, calm, and beautiful birth experience. Keep away from fearful people and scary media.
Trust in your body and your ability to listen to your baby’s messages. Write down your dreams and mediate on them for wisdom and insights into what your body and baby may need.
One thing that really helped me were positive affirmations. I loved reading them, reciting them to myself and watching videos with positive messages.
Here are 10 Positive Birth Affirmations for your own use. Learn and believe them!
- I am in tune with my body and my baby.
- My ability to listen to my baby gets stronger every day.
- My body is build for childbirth.
- I joyfully anticipate the birth of my baby.
- I am supported and surrounded by love at all times.
- My muscles are strong and relaxed.
- My body is vibrant and healthy.
- I am on the path intended for me.
- My baby and I are in constant communication.
- I am so thankful for this birth experience.
Have a wonderful birth day!